Sunday, October 16, 2005

WHITE SOX GOING TO THE SERIES!

Wow, I never thought I would see this friggin day! My White Sox, are going to the World Series! Kiss my ass, all you fake, drunken, no baseball knowledge Cub fans! The first time since 1959. I'll admit, this team has really surprised me. When they started struggling in the 2nd half of the season and almost lost their lead to Cleveland, I thought that would do nothing in the playoffs. But, boy have they proved me wrong.

The first thing you got to be impressed with is the pitching. When the hell is the last time four starters went the distance back to back? Contreas, Buerhle, Garland, and Garcia were just phenomenal. I mean Contreas was a guy that we desperately wanted off this team during the season. Somehow he got his shit together and has become the ace of this staff. You know you got an amazing pitching staff, when the bullpen is used for only 2/3 of inning over a course of five games.

There is no question that the White Sox have mediocre hitting. But they were able to get the hits at the right time. One guy, who my dad constantly bashes for being a lazy idiot is Joe Crede. During the season except for the last month, Crede had been pretty much worthless. But in the play-offs, he has looked like Mike Schmidt. He's gotten big hit after big hit. I know Paul Kornerko got the MVP for the AL series, but I think Crede deserves it more.

Speaking of Kornerko, boy has free agency come at the right time. Hitting 40 homers in back to back seasons has guaranteed big money for him. Now after his post-season performance, who the hell knows how much cash he is going to get thrown at him? I used to think that Kornerko was not worth the money, but after watching these play-off games I can't imagine our line-up without him. Kenny Williams will have a tough decision to make this off-season.

Speaking of Kenny, boy have I hated this guy ever since he's stepped into the GM position. I've thought he's made some of the worst moves for this organization. But somehow he has been able to prove me wrong. I never thought in my wildest dreams that he would be the GM of a team going to World Series. He built extremely deep and strong pitching staff. And this past off-season, he brought in the right guys. Iguchi, Podsednik, Pyzernski, Hermanson, Jenks, and Dye have all been smart moves. I guess this is why, I'm sitting on my ass writing this blog and he's GM of the Chicago White Sox.

I'm not a fan of making predictions, but I think the Sox are going to win the World Series. Right now I would rather face the Houston Astros. They are leading the Cardinals 3-1 in their series. The Cardinals offense scares the hell out of me. The Astros do have good starting pitching with Clemens, Oswalt, and Pettite. But at the same time, I think our squad matches up better against them.

PREDICTION: Whoever the hell we play, we'll win in FIVE.

I'm out!

P.S. Sorry, I almost forgot. Cub fans, you still suck.

No comments: