Sunday, June 12, 2005

The Drunken Idiotic Journey: Part One

I guess its been a while since I've written a blog. I must of taken some type of a blog vacation. The truth is I've been extremely busy the last few months doing various things. But I will say now, I'm back and committed to writing once a week.

Let me start off by saying that I graudated from college about two years. During those four years of fraternity life, I've had my share of stupid and idiotic drunken moments. Since then, I don't know if you want to call it maturity, but very rarely do I get oblierated. That all came to an end this past Friday night.

One of my co-workers was a having a party with two of her roommates at the new apartment she just moved into. So my buddy Nick came along for the ride. Before Nick got into the city, I was telling him on the phone that I'm sick of always drinking beer and never getting drunk. He then said, "I'll get some vodka and you go get some cranberry juice, tonic water, and limes." That sounded like a good and simple plan to me.

So he finally gets to my apartment and its time to make some drinks. Because the cranberry juice was pretty warm, I started to drink some Lemonade and vodka beverages. They were pretty strong, but I knew I had to put them down if I wanted to get a good buzz. So after a few drinks I'm feeling good, kind of in that "Happy State." The pre-drinking comes to an end and realize that the two of us have finished off a fifth of vodka. I probably ended up having 60% of it.

We head over to my co-workers party. As we walk in the place is very dark, but appears to be a very nice apartment. I spot my co-worker and she gives us a little tour of her place and eventually leads us to the alcohol. They had sangria there, a white kind and red kind. I chose to go with the white kind. Because I don't remember what sequence everything happened, I'll just list some of the highlights. I will also add, I do not rember some of these highlights and they were told to me the next day.

-They had the radio playing in one of the rooms. I did not like what song I was hearing, so I look and see that it was on 103.5 FM. Which is like a dance/pop station. I am a modern rock fan so I wanted to change it to Q101. As I said earlier, the whole party is dark. I then decided to turn the light on and disrupt the whole party by changing the station. As Nick tells me later, everybody at this point is staring at me. But I am so determined to try to change the station. Like two little kids fighting, Nick and I go back and forth turning the light on and off. Eventually, I listen to him and give up. But boy, did I want to change that station.
-When we first walk in one of the roommates goes up to Nick and asks him if he's Colleen's(the co-worker) friend. I then said, "No, actually I work with her." She then says "Oh" and walks away. (Just Classic.)
-Apparently, I kept on telling Nick I was going to punch some dude in the face. (Don't ask me why, because I have no idea.)
-I was standing up having a conversation and I almost fell backwards, until I my co-worker caught me.(It's good to have a spotter at all times.)
-A few mintues later she went to the other side of the room and saw me fall backwards again. (Apparently, I did not learn from the first time.)
-I knocked over a bottle of wine. (I would do the same thing if I was sober.)
-One of my co-workers friends went up to her during the party and was like, "Yeah I met your co-worker Jon and I could not understand one word he said." (Do you need any more proof how tanked I was?)

It was around 2 a.m., so Nick and I decided to head out and go to a bar near my apartment. And the story shall be continued . . . (Believe me, its gets more interesting.)

I'm out!

No comments: